Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Cumbria visit

Well, it's been a long time since I wrote something (yes, I've been slack). My parents came to visit just before we went to Greece. We drove up the M25 to Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria. We stayed in a lovely B&B and visited my Mum's cousin, Christine (after exhaustive Google searching I found out she is my first cousin once removed and her children are my second cousins).


She took us off the beaten track around Cumbria, driving through loads of small lanes with dry stone walls on either side and just enough room to fit two cars through. We saw some great country side and ended up at Was Water (below).


After 3 days in Cumbria I drove my parents back to London and Christine took my Nana off to Newcastle. We then spent the rest of the week seeing the sites in London, including a couple of shows - Woman in White and Les Miserables.

You can see more of my parents' European adventures at http://thegriswolds.blogspot.com/


We'll be off to New York to do some shopping at the end of next week, so I promise I'll do another entry then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home